Stuttering Clinic at National Therapy Center
- There are estimated to be over 70 million people who stutter across the world
- As many as 5% of all children stutter at some point
- Stuttering is often rated as an area of least competency for SLPs entering the field
Our mission is to connect families with highly trained speech language pathologists who specialize in working with people who stutter. We utilize evidence-based approaches to fit you or your child’s needs to facilitate confident and effective communication.
What we Offer:
- Connect with clinicians who focus on working with children and adults who stutter
- Play a role in developing an individualized treatment plan that aims for you or your child to:
- Understand and navigate stuttering
- Set personal goals that are achievable and worthwhile
- Make meaningful life changes
- Increase enjoyment and confidence in speaking
- Option to receive high quality services via telehealth that meet or exceed the quality you would receive at an in-person clinic, but from the comfort of your home.
- Get connected with valuable resources in the community at the local and national level
- Gain access to a variety of events including parent workshops, panel discussions, and more
In-person services are currently available at our Bethesda and Capitol Hill locations. Telehealth services are currently available via a HIPAA compliant Zoom Platform if you or your child resides in MD, VA, DC, Chicago, NJ as well as most countries across the world.