Deaf and Hard of Hearing/Kids of Deaf Adults (KODA) Clinic
Our vision is...
1. To provide spoken language and ASL/visual communication options during individual therapy sessions.
2. To discuss the child’s auditory aid and how to create a auditory-friendly environment.
3. To teach others how to provide a language-rich environment when working with children, spoken or signed.
4. To empower children to be independent with their hearing devices, using compensatory strategies, and informing others what their communication needs are.
In addition to evaluations and individual therapy, the DHH/KODA clinic provides the following services:
- Caregiver coaching and education: Parents play an integral role in the development of listening and language in their children's lives. Incorporating parents into therapy sessions is common practice for children with hearing loss. Our therapists collaborate with parents to create auditory-rich home environments, assist parents in carryover with ASL support, and give them the tools they need to advocate for their children in a school or work settings.
- Professional development: including training of other SLPs and other professional in assessment and treatment of children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing and/or KODAs (Kids Of Deaf Adults).